starting strength gym

Thread: Squar form check

Default Squar form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I‘ve just noticed that many people get their knees way further to the front, am I doing that wrong?
    Squat form check - YouTube

How many of our squat videos have you watched?

I watched alot of Videos.

I have to say that I didn‘t learn from your Videos and that I‘m just going for the „normal“ squat with a more upright back because it feels better for me, I just couldn‘t find anothee good places for technique questions. I‘d just like to know what I‘m still doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisDrf View Post
    I‘d just like to know what I‘m still doing wrong.
    It's in the sentence prior to your question

"Feels better" is a bad indicator. You might think it is so; but, often times it really isn't. One of the fundamental tenets of the Starting Strength method is that mechanics and biomechanics cannot be negated. To try and conform the weight to your body is a mistake.

As to your concern, you are focusing on the wrong thing at the expense of more important considerations with regard to the movement pattern. Worrying about your knee position in isolation where there are other more glaring problems with your squat is an exercise in futility. Forest and trees.

I have to say that I didn‘t learn from your Videos and that I‘m just going for the „normal“ squat with a more upright back because it feels better for me, I just couldn‘t find anothee good places for technique questions. I‘d just like to know what I‘m still doing wrong.
    It feels better because it’s more familiar. You have to get past that. Your knees will thank you later in life, for starters.

starting strength coach development program

Squat Mechanics | Mark Rippetoe