starting strength gym

Thread: Elbows in the squat

Default Elbows in the squat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I recorded my squats from a different angle today and discovered what I am afraid are 2 problems.
    1: My elbows do not seem to be even. 2: My right leg seems to have a harder time staying out than the left.
    I'm afraid that if they look like this at such a light weight then they are probably much worse when it's actually heavy. Is the variance within acceptable ranges?

Recovery Day Squats - YouTube

(My dad noticed the problem after the last set, so I did a set of 3 to record and confirm what he saw.)

I see no asymmetry glaring enough to worry about. Nobody is perfectly symmetrical. Does anything hurt?

Your right leg is closer to your midline than your left leg. Get your stance even under each shoulder. I see some knee squish at the bottom. We could stand to see a view from the normal angle to check.

Your elbows might be an issue because your upper back is in flexion. Look at your neck and where your head is. See this picture for what I'm talking about:

Page Not Found • Instagram

Nothing that I wouldn't consider normal. Little aches and whatnot here and there but nothing ever lasts longer than a day or inhibits my lifts.

Go up 5 pounds.