starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Once the bar reaches your knees, you have an instinctive reaction to pull it to lockout with your upper body. Fight this urge, instead think about keeping your shoulders above the bar for a while longer and continue pushing the floor away.
    Got it. Thank you!

I'm back with another update. I continued upping the weight to 177.5kg/390lbs. I failed the set at rep 4 (23 June 2022 Deadlift @ 177.5kg 1x5 (4th rep fail) - YouTube), and tried again only got 1 (23 June 2022 Deadlift @ 177.5kg 1x5 (2nd attempt) - YouTube).

Any thoughts on my technique?

Get your eyes out 10 feet in front of you. This will help keep your back in extension. Keep your hips high, then rotate your sternum up towards the wall in front of you. Push down through your feet.

This probably feels like extension to you, but you're not there yet. Find a weight you can get into perfect extension and work back up 2.5kg at a time. That's your current bottle neck for deadlift progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Get your eyes out 10 feet in front of you. This will help keep your back in extension. Keep your hips high, then rotate your sternum up towards the wall in front of you. Push down through your feet.

This probably feels like extension to you, but you're not there yet. Find a weight you can get into perfect extension and work back up 2.5kg at a time. That's your current bottle neck for deadlift progress.
    Thanks, Alex. I really appreciate the input. Will implement this going forward.

starting strength coach development program
    Hello, I'm back with a set at 150kg, focusing on the head position and setting the back.

28 June 2022 Deadlift @ 150kg 1x5 - YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12