starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Please check my squat form and tell me how to improve. Forgive me for the camera angle. I have my heels about shoulder width apart and feet turn out 30 degrees. The weight felt very heavy from the last warm up so my sets were very long.

303x5x3 last set 22.06.2022 - YouTube

I really appreciate any input. Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Huy Huynh View Post
    Forgive me for the camera angle.
    No. If you ask people for their time, you have to accommodate their guidelines.

Yes, I'll remember that. I'm very sorry. I will ask someone for help with recording next time. I'm glad you responded Rip. Since I called in for Q&A more than a month ago, I added 10lbs bodyweight to 183lbs (7 more to go) and got a deal for a barbell to my dad like you told me to. I will come back home in a few weeks and show my dad how to use it.
    Last edited by Huy Huynh; 06-22-2022 at 01:09 PM. Reason: it lacked an apology, and I want to apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Huy Huynh View Post
    Please check my squat form and tell me how to improve. Forgive me for the camera angle. I have my heels about shoulder width apart and feet turn out 30 degrees. The weight felt very heavy from the last warm up so my sets were very long.

303x5x3 last set 22.06.2022 - YouTube

I really appreciate any input. Thank you in advance!
    They look damn good to me brother

No. If you ask people for their time, you have to accommodate their guidelines.
    Hi Rip. I thought about this long and hard and I really deserved it. That was sloppy behaviour of me and it didn't show my appreciation for other people's time. I'm sorry. Today I'm more prepared. I hope you can have a look at it.

They look damn good to me brother
    Thanks a lot brother. I think there is much more to improve. By the way, I'm waiting for your lifts on your youtube.

Your stance is about an inch too wide, and you are not driving your hips up, but rather lifting your chest. The standard mistakes. Watch the videos again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Your stance is about an inch too wide, and you are not driving your hips up, but rather lifting your chest. The standard mistakes. Watch the videos again.
    I really didn't know I still make these mistakes. When it slows down on the ascent I did think butt up, but now the videos make me realize I didn't do it actively out of the bottom. I didn't know I was lifting the chest too. And the stance width mistake didn't show up in the first video I posted with the bad angle. This is pretty embarrassing but eye-opening. I'll report back on Monday. Thank you very much sir!

starting strength coach development program
    Last Friday, the difficulty got in my head and I decided to switch to intermediate programming (I did only 1x5). Now I learned that I can't switch yet. The weight felt more manageable today but the hip drive doesn't looks as clear as it should in the videos with you in it. I don't notice the rep speed stall and or hamstrings losing tension but my video still shows I lift my chest. Can you help me out on this? I may have confused myself.