starting strength gym

Thread: Power clean form check

Default Power clean form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey everyone, I'm just starting out with power cleans and could use some tips. I have a hard time getting my elbows high enough, partially because I've always had pretty bad flexibility in my shoulders, so any tips on that specifically would be great. Thanks!

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Quote Originally Posted by jsds13 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm just starting out with power cleans and could use some tips. I have a hard time getting my elbows high enough, partially because I've always had pretty bad flexibility in my shoulders, so any tips on that specifically would be great. Thanks!

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    I see arm pull. Go watch Phil Meggers’ video on achieving a better rack position, lower the weight to where it’s something you can accelerate sufficiently, and start your acceleration earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by jsds13 View Post

For example, I was having trouble with cleans as well. My deadlift is at 365 for 5 , and I had to reduce my cleans to 95 recently. Finally feel like the form is under control, and I can slowly start adding weight.

There's your problem right there:

Its been scientifically proven just being within 3 meters of a trap bar will wreck your technique no matter what you're doing at the time....

... never mind the catabolic and feministic effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    There's your problem right there:

Its been scientifically proven just being within 3 meters of a trap bar will wreck your technique no matter what you're doing at the time....

... never mind the catabolic and feministic effects.
    It’s only a matter of time till CrossFit introduces trap bar cleans.