starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check after hiatus

Default Squat form check after hiatus

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    3rd session, 3rd set, 255 x 5

Saved - YouTube

I can order a tripod. Seems like the main problem. Any other considerations to keep in mind for the next video?

You can't figure out how to shoot video from the correct angle without buying something? We just use a bench and a shoe. We already have those.

I might be able to use a chair, but I'm gonna get a tripod anyway.

The gym I'm using at the moment sucks. 3 benches, 3 racks, 1 deadlifting station, kid at the desk said no chalk allowed, though it doesn't say it on the website or on any signage, so I'll be sneaking it until they kick me out. Already fucked up one of my calluses.

I'll be switching asap to one more geared and considerate for strength. Only thing holding me back was the price requirement for an initial 3 month commitment.

tweak origin on rep 4? - YouTube - 2nd set ( back tweak?)
    August 12, 2022 - YouTube - 3rd set (bailed 5th)

My sets looked like this today
    4+1
    4 - (i stalled and then my upper back moved around on the 4th rep, my gut told me to rack it after that,)
    4. - (I intended to go for 6, to make up for missee reps. i didnt feel stable on the 4th, the bar felt like it shifted up my back slightly, so I let myself puss out coming out of the hole on the 5th)
    3 - (making up reps, can include it on request but I think it was actually a clean set. Rigid back, good bounce and depth. Mistakes seemed to not be present to me.)

I realized after the 4th set that my back was tweaked, but I finished my benching and deads. Felt 50% better after the deads but now I'm stiff and twisting gives pain. I'm going to include the 2nd set which is the set that obviously caused the tweak.

Any suggestions for light work for the pain to get back at it on Monday? Maybe I just keep doing some light twisting and touching upon the pain, getting movement through it?

Your left wrist is in flexion. Wrists need to be neutral or in slight extension.

You are carrying the bar with too much shoulder extension (elbows are too high). get your elbows down and think of pinning them to your torso

When you start your descent your upper back is moving into flexion (rounding). fix your wrists and elbows while keeping your chest big and proud.

If you still have pain on Monday, deload to a weight that doesn't make the pain worse. If you don't have pain, probably a slight deload/reset. Either way, record your warm up sets to make sure that you have made the above changes.

Thank you!

I had a burst blood vessel in my eye so I took 2 weeks off while it cleared up. Been Ramping up 10lbs per workout. At 235 now. I think I've ironed out the wrist flexion issue but I still occasionally do it in spite of my best efforts.

New gym and ramping up after 2 weeks off - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    280 for 5. Bar has been rolling up into my neck for some of my reps lately, especially since I've been paying extra focus to not let my left wrist go into flexion.

I also may not be leaning back enough, and I may be descending too quickly.

I learned about the landscape trick, but I forgot to use it today. Sorry in advance.

Also, I think you guys updated your quick reply interface in the forums. Easy to plug videos. Good stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IUVjeLW7HPU