starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Lightbulb Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    After the feedback, I widened my stance. I'm now focusing on setting knees, slow decent, getting horizontal early on the way down, and eliminating knee slide. Here is the previous thread.

Previous Form Check

Squat Form Check 8/15

Bend at the hips and knees at the same exact time. Look at the same spot during the entire rep.

These are better as far as back angle. They're just a little jerky with the hips and knees.
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 08-15-2022 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Positive affirmation
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Thank you, Andrew!

I noticed my knees aren’t completely still (they do slide at the bottom but not nearly as bad). Will bending at hips and knees at the same time aide with the knee stillness or am I overthinking it?

It might. I wouldn't it would inherently help, but I'd bet controlling the knee and hip position in a smooth manner would help a little.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com