starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check j2

Default Deadlift form check j2

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    deadlift 325x5 w/hook grip - YouTube

325x5 really focusing on chest up.

Rock back right before you set your back. You're set up too forward and the bar is not touching your shins. Those are your biggest problems. Also, take a breath with your mouth open; it looks like you're holding your breath in your face, not your throat. If that doesn't make sense, let me know.

Your next problem - lifting in jeans. Unless those bad boys are male jeggings, I'd recommend getting some shorts.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Rock back right before you set your back. You're set up too forward and the bar is not touching your shins. Those are your biggest problems. Also, take a breath with your mouth open; it looks like you're holding your breath in your face, not your throat. If that doesn't make sense, let me know.

Your next problem - lifting in jeans. Unless those bad boys are male jeggings, I'd recommend getting some shorts.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to get back on my heels more at the start of the pull.

My glottis closed. I put the air in my cheeks when I take a big breath. I'll try to stop doing that because it looks stupid.

The pants are kind of like stretchy sweatpants. I don't think they interfere with the lift. If I don't wear something on my legs the knurl tears up my shins.

How do my back and chest look? Mark said I was skipping step 4 on the power clean setup and this was my attempt to remedy this.

Your back looks fine, but the angle and the glare with your skin makes it hard to see much.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Your back looks fine, but the angle and the glare with your skin makes it hard to see much.
    Thanks a ton for the help. I tried rocking back to keep the bar against my shins at the bottom of the pull but when I start the pull from a dead stop the bar still moves away from my shins at the bottom. I can kind of pull the slack out of the bar and then roll it back toward my shins on the ground and then pull and the momentum of the bar rolling keeps it against my shins at the bottom. Is this stupid?

I understand I'm too far forward, I can feel that when I pull but I don't know how to fix it without dropping my hips.

starting strength coach development program
    Don't do the rolling set up. It's silly.

I think you might be a little too bent over because you're dropping the weight forward of your midfoot and then you're setting up around that. Next video you do, check to make sure the bar is midfoot before you start the pull.