starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Form Check

Default Power Clean Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Male, 190lbs body weight, 6 foot tall

Power Clean, 100 @ 5th set of 3 reps, 10sep2022 - YouTube

First power clean form check. Please let me know if I need additional info or to do anything diffrent with the post, the video, angles, and of course the technique.
    Thanks!

There's a lot to fix here.

First, once the bar passes your knees you sort of double clutch it and move it away from your legs. Don't do either of those things. Keep the bar ON your legs and when you hit the mid-thigh, jump HARD with straight arms. Read the first few steps of how to learn the PC in the blue book and focus on the jumping position. Work on making it consistent so you jump when the bar is in the same spot every time.

Second, make sure you flex your triceps during the pull. This will help keep you from bending the elbows too early.

Third, your cue for the catch needs to be "FAST ELBOWS." Get those elbows out in front of you like you're aiming to strike someone's chin. Do the stretch on p. 216 of the blue book.

Thanks for the help, I have been struggling with the power clean, I know there are a lot of problems, I’ve been holding the weight constant for several weeks to work on form but not much improvement in my ability to correct it, I can tell when the weight gets heavier in the work sets I go from better technique to doing an arm pull but I have not yet on my own figured out how to correct it when the weight gets heavy. For me 100lbs is heavy on the clean. Do you think I should drop some weight to practice form and then start slowly increasing or just practice form at this weight until I get it down? Today I will keep weight constant and try the tips you shared.