starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check 360x5

Default Squat Form Check 360x5

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 230

Hello, just wanted to check in and get a squat form check. I'm a little concerned that a few or perhaps all of these reps might be a little high.

Squat Form Check 360x5 - YouTube

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

THey don't look high to me. WHen looking at your foot though, there is quite a bit of movement (toes and sides). If it were me, I would bring the stance in just a bit, and then shove the knees out just a bit more.

Brent, I am FAR from the leading authority on depth, but it looks to me like you hit depth on all 5 reps.

Depth is good.

Camera angle is pretty rough. Maybe that's why these look like a high bar to me.

Watch your feet each rep...toes come up as you descend. It looks like your weight is primarily in your heels throughout these reps. Let the knees come forward as you begin the rep then freeze them. You are holding them back too much. Depth looks to be okay from this angle but it would be easier for you to reach depth if you allow the knees to come forward a bit more. Balance should remain over midfoot throughout the rep and allowing the knees to track forward more in the beginning would accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisReis View Post
    Watch your feet each rep...toes come up as you descend. It looks like your weight is primarily in your heels throughout these reps. Let the knees come forward as you begin the rep then freeze them. You are holding them back too much. Depth looks to be okay from this angle but it would be easier for you to reach depth if you allow the knees to come forward a bit more. Balance should remain over midfoot throughout the rep and allowing the knees to track forward more in the beginning would accomplish this.
    Thanks to everyone for the responses. I do see the balance shifting with my feet now that I watch the clip again. I am sometimes guilty of overcorrecting and in an effort to prevent my knees from sliding forward I think I have shifted too far back on my heels. I'll focus on keeping the bar over midfoot as I move forward.

starting strength coach development program
    The bar looks high to me. Watch your grip as well, your wrists are in extension