starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi

I was attending a seminar a few weeks ago and the main cue I received for my deadlift was to "stay over the bar longer".

I would really appreciate feedback to make sure that I implement the coaching in the right way.

Thank you!

375x5 on Vimeo

The bar is still coming forward as you get closer to your knees because you're not straightening your knees out enough - you're opening up your hips too early. So you need to stay over the bar even longer. If that didn't work while you were thinking about it here, think "butt stays high and still" until you clear your knees. If this doesn't help, you may try thinking about pushing your butt back as you push the floor away, but that's kind of extreme.

What else will help is if you breathe and then set your back. You're setting your back, then breathing, then setting your back more. Just let your back stay rounded, breath, then set your back.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Thanks a lot!

I focused on " butt stays high and still" on this one.

IŽd say overall the knees improved but might still be too late. And I failed to engage the lats in the last rep.

355x5 on Vimeo

This is a lot better. The second rep was your best, but you kept it too long which is why you kind of slammed into the top with your hips and your balance went forward.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com