• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post

Opinions?
    It is mostly a matter of food now.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Opinions?
    Just nit-picking: the bar position looks uneven, with one tip appreciably lower than the other (the left one, as you look at the video. The right side for the lifter). Not a huge deal, of course, but it might be an easy-win correction.

Also, there is a lot of 'movement' in his torso in between reps; he stands up, seems to cave in, then straightens back up with a big gulp of air. I think he could try to remain a be tighter throughout, it would also help keeping the movement consistent for all reps (on the last one, he displays again the tendency to close his left leg towards the inside).

It's certainly progress compared to previous videos.

IPB

starting strength coach development program
    Update on my friend
    Getting stronger, we are now close to 300lbs

Squat - 133,5kg - YouTube

The one question I have is still regarding his legs. Do you think he has a discrepancy? Or is the bar just asymmetrical? He's obviously self-conscious about it during the set, and he told me too, so this must distract him.
    If Rip or any other expert eye could tell right away it would help a lot.

As far as technique, he has improved a lot I think. He hits depth on all reps, his knees are not caving in as much, very little knee slide, keeps his chest from collapsing, elbows are in the proper position. But again, any advice is appreciated.

He's doing 135kg on Monday and then will start alternating with a light Squat every other workout (trying to anticipate the plateau).

The guy eats a bunch of food but can't seem to put on weight at the moment, he's still around 94kg (he did start from 80kg though), he wants to get to 100kg and will try to eat more, hopefully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123