starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right hip dipping far lower than left in squat. 14 months post op hip replacement.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Squat front view - YouTube

Sorry for my obtuseness with my video angles. Hopefully getting the hang of it. Clearly, you can see issues on my right (non-operated) side collapsing. Only using 165 which is about my BW. I’m mystified as to how to correct this. Thanks for your consideration!

You might be carrying the bar to low on your back and you're using your hands to hold the bar, they should trap the bar with straight wrists.

Your left lower leg looks longer than the right. After seeing this angle, your left femur looks longer than your right which is why your hip "dips" to your right.

The first fix would've been having your surgeon correct this with the hip replacement (or at least not create this). Next step is to have your leg lengths measured and have your right shoe shimmed to correct the discrepancy while squatting with your left foot slightly ahead of the right. This will take some trial and error but see if any of these adjustments make any difference.

Rip (or other coaches), can you confirm that what I am seeing is correct and if these adjustments would be helpful?

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you Daryl. I’ll investigate your suggestions. Much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12