starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench Press form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    When you're in the bottom position, from this side view, your forearms are vertical and some reps have them angled slightly towards your feet. Just like in the press, your forearms should be pointing back to the lockout position.

On your next bench workout, try 2-3ct paused reps during your warm ups, and make sure that your forearms are angled back toward lockout. Obviously, record and watch the warm up to make sure that you're doing this. See if this helps your work sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The problem here is the excessive lateral movement of the bar. You're starting from a position slightly behind vertical to the shoulder joints and ending up too far down the chest at the bottom. This has to be tightened up a couple of inches.

What language are these vicious women speaking? Italian? They are probably your biggest problem.
    This is not an update on my bench, but a great example on why to avoid working out during crossfit lessons. This is ridiculous to say the least:

Crossfitters yell like idiots - YouTube

Don't mind my only 3 reps, training has derailed a little bit lately. But this shit wasn't helping for sure.

You REALLY need a better place to train.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You REALLY need a better place to train.
    Luckily it was my last session at this place.
    The crossfit gym where I train back home is nowhere near this loud and distracting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12