starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat Form Check (295 lbs)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Lifting your elbows/shoulder extension is hard on the elbows. Figure out a way to stop doing that.

Thanks Rip! Apparently I'm going to need some in-person help to get this done. Luckily Inna is local - just emailed her

Hi Rip-I'm happy to report that the coaching session I had with Inna Koppel last week was a success! First off, she's really awesome; I feel fortunate to have met her and look forward to her continued help. But her obsession with pizza is on a level I don't see often

Anyhow, Inna was able to correct my grip such that I can now squat with my elbows down, and keep the bar in the correct position. Still working on a few other squat corrections, as well as issues on the other lifts, but overall, I feel confident that my squat won't make my elbows any worse.

Now that I still need to treat the tennis elbow, I just did 10 sets of 3 chins. By the 4th set, the pain got pretty bad, and I couldn't get myself out of the bottom position, so I added a light band for some assistance. From what I understand from the various videos and SS articles on the topic, the eccentric phase is critical to the rehab, so I slowed the descent to about 3 seconds. By the last set, I could barely lift my arms, which leads me to believe I am doing the rehab correctly. Does this sound correct?

Also, is it ok to take ibuprofen for pain when doing the rehab protocol, or would that impede the recovery, since the point is to increase the inflammation to stimulate the healing process?

Screenshot 2023-02-07 123204.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    Also, how many days between chins should I be doing for the rehab? I'm lifting 3 days a week (M/W/F).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12