starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift 165kg

Default Deadlift 165kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    165kg Deadlift - YouTube

165kg/364(ish)lbs

Think I'm looking up a little too much during these and a little low back rounding (don't honestly know if it's significant). I'm not hugely unhappy with it (I mean I don't think I am!) but always looking to improve.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jgds View Post
    165kg Deadlift - YouTube

165kg/364(ish)lbs

Think I'm looking up a little too much during these and a little low back rounding (don't honestly know if it's significant). I'm not hugely unhappy with it (I mean I don't think I am!) but always looking to improve.

Thanks in advance.
    You have no lateral support on your feet, the internal side of your left foot is lifting. Get some weightlifting shoes.

Ya, those are not good shoes to deadlift in. Your balance is moving around a lot.

When you get proper footwear, push your belly down between your thighs without dropping your hips. Your low back is not set in hard extension.

Then think about pushing the floor away. Off the floor, you're losing low back extension and then rocking back onto your heels which causes your shins to be vertical too soon.

You do seem to be rolling onto the outer part of your feet quite a bit. I don't think this is a shoe issue as much as it is a balance issue. Find midfoot and stay there the entire time. You're doing a pretty good job of setting the back, but I think you could get ever tighter. Be patient, take an extra second in the bottom to continue building tightness as you set the back. Get all the slack out and then push the floor away. Think about turning a volume knob smoothly through it's entire range. As the "volume" gets louder, think about progressively building tightness, getting heavier and heavier in the hands. By the time the volume knob reaches its max, the bar is breaking the floor.