starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Google Drive: Sign-in

Here’s my 5th set of 5 volume day squats.

Were these an inch high? Or does my shirt tail hang down a bit and with my belt, it just makes my hip crease appear that way?

Also - my elbows are killing me, but when I bring my grip in tighter, I get tendinitis in my forearms as they jam into the bar. So I bring my grip out wider, and it solves the forearm issue, but then my elbows start feeling it. I’ve been dealing with this issue for a while now and can’t find a grip that works between the two issues. How can I fix my grip to remedy both issues in this situation?

Thanks

I'm not going to sign in to watch a video. Post a YouTube link.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm not going to sign in to watch a video. Post a YouTube link.
    January 28, 2023 - YouTube

Sorry about that, forgot Drive did that. Here’s the YouTube link, much appreciated!

You've posted on this board enough to know what a squat should look like, and how it should be videoed. Last time I'm going to say this in direct response to a video: DO NOT POST ABOVE-PARALLEL SQUATS ON THIS FORUM. You have some responsibilities here, and if you can't identify depth you need to read the book again and actually look at the video critically before it's posted. The policy is deletion, and I have been lax about it. You guys get an opportunity to have your shit reviewed for free, so don't abuse the privilege. If you post a video that disappears, it's your fault, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post

Also - my elbows are killing me, but when I bring my grip in tighter, I get tendinitis in my forearms as they jam into the bar. So I bring my grip out wider, and it solves the forearm issue, but then my elbows start feeling it.
    sounds like you and I have similar flexibility issues.
    Have you tried wearing compression elbow sleeves?