starting strength gym

Thread: Bench 350x5 3rd set.

Default Bench 350x5 3rd set.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Your leg drive could be more efficient. Your butt is coming up off of the bench which is easy to do when your heels are not on the ground. Your legs need to push up the bench and into your shoulder to keep the arch stable. Getting your heels on the ground could help. If that doesn't feel comfortable, either way, try to push your toes through you shoes and drive horizontally up the bench rather than vertically up.

A bit of elbows flaring out on the way up. Keep the elbows on the south side of the bar so your forearms stay slightly angle back to lockout position.

My Butt coming off the bench is something I'm struggling most with. I only practiced my heels off the ground on this particular workout to see if it would stop it. Other then just putting my feet up, I'm not sure what else to do, other then try to practice keeping my butt pinned to the bench. Just a bad habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Parks View Post
    My Butt coming off the bench is something I'm struggling most with. I only practiced my heels off the ground on this particular workout to see if it would stop it. Other then just putting my feet up, I'm not sure what else to do, other then try to practice keeping my butt pinned to the bench. Just a bad habit.
    Feet flat on the ground and nearly vertical shins is what you want. Heels off the ground has a higher chance of making your butt rise off the bench.

Try a 2 count paused bench for your warm ups and focus on driving your body up the bench rather than butt up off of the bench. Keep the leg drive constant during the entire set.