starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Form check with a failed 5th rep at 360 lbs

Hi Jawad, first off, are there any other racks in your gym? Those hooks are just a little bit high for you, according to my perception. Ideal bar placement in the rack is at about the sternum for a squat. The next hook down may be a little low.

The issue you have is with the knees tracking forward during the whole movement instead of just at the top third or half of the descent. My post to you in this thread on Feb 2 is still relevant: Squat

I think you can fix these. Do a little homework on how your current movement differs from the model. It may seem subtle to your eye right now, but these differences are important.

Thank you for your detailed comment, will definitely go over the book with even more attention than before. If I had access to a SSC, i would have done that long time ago, even online coaching is difficult financially. With that said, I aspire to become a SSC one day which I cannot do if I dont master the lifts. Just to be 100% sure when it comes to depth so I can work on the other problems, depth in this video is good and not to deep correct? Attached the link again for convenience
    Squat Form check- 315 Lbs - YouTube

Your help is deeply appreciated!

Perhaps somebody else can give this guy a detailed comment about his knees and back angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawad View Post
    Thank you for your detailed comment, will definitely go over the book with even more attention than before. If I had access to a SSC, i would have done that long time ago, even online coaching is difficult financially. With that said, I aspire to become a SSC one day which I cannot do if I dont master the lifts. Just to be 100% sure when it comes to depth so I can work on the other problems, depth in this video is good and not to deep correct? Attached the link again for convenience
    Squat Form check- 315 Lbs - YouTube

Your help is deeply appreciated!
    Find a gym with a proper power rack if you can.
    Every other advice that could've been given to you, has been

isn't that bar too high on shoulders for low bar ??

Jawad, start by keyword searching “TUBOW” or Terribly useful block of wood” on this forum. Many videos on this topic, including the link I posted above, will be a good starting point for you.

He ignored the posting rules 3 times.
    When he was reminded of the rule (do not post Youtube Shorts), he ignored it or was too stupid to figure out how to post correctly.
    He apparently doesn't understand or hasn't read the material.
    You guys are being way too nice to this imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    isn't that bar too high on shoulders for low bar ??
    It is. The rest follows along from that.

starting strength coach development program
    Yngvi apologies for posting it as a short, I did not know such a rule exists. I have read the material but perhaps I do not understand it and still trying to. I do not think an imbecile would be keep on trying to understand it.

Baresteel, thank you so much for your help! Those videos were really helpful!

For the other comments, this is the only squat rack available, perhaps i should change gyms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast