starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This much asymmetry cannot be addressed this way. He's going to have to actively try to move his ass the other way, to retrain the movement back to symmetry, because he can't feel the asymmetry even on the first rep. IOW, he needs to learn a brand-new movement pattern.

If there is a LLD, he's still going to have to do the above process, even if the shim corrects the LLD. The movement pattern is the problem now, not the LLD, which may or may not have started it.

I’ve been working on cueing a shift to the left, hoping this footage shows some progress. (On vacation this week so had to make due on the footage in a gym down here where I’m staying)

Does this look like progress? I read Rip’s article on the leg length discrepancy. Now I’m wondering 1.) what my first steps should be in getting the LLD checked/addressed. (If any) A lifter friend has recommended a chiropractor near where I live that works with powerlifters and am considering calling them to get checked out 2.) is the cue to shift left working? Should I continue to add weight and keep progressing before I can get shoes/shims?

Thanks very much.

Hip Shift 04/2023 205-215-225 - YouTube

This is much improved.

starting strength coach development program
    Back up to 255 today, and got 250 for 3 sets of 5 on my last lift. Having a hard time concentrating on cueing the hip to the left, especially on my last reps. Or am just not strong enough to force my hips to center once I reached 250.

Worth mentioning that I have totally flat/pronating feet. Saving for squat shoes. Would arch supports help? This is frustrating but I’m committed to figuring it out.
    Everything else seems to be going well. Eating a ton, tracking all nutrition. Upping my calories this week. Gaining weight, other numbers increasing fairly well. Do I need to drop the weight to 240 til I can get 3 clean looking sets of 5 and then add weight?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123