starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dropped weight by a lot over the last couple weeks to try and get my form right. Having an issue with my butt shooting to the right on the way up. This weight feels easy but don’t want to try and progress with terrible form and stall out.

Concerned about depth/hip Drive/bar path and mostly the hip issue. I’m sure there’s a lot I’m not seeing. Any advice would be appreciated. Included different angles of my first 2 sets today Thanks!

Squat Check-03/28/23-235 - YouTube

Squat Check 2-03/28/2023-235 - YouTube

Look at your knees. Do you see anything wrong?

Squat check

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Look at your knees. Do you see anything wrong?

Squat check
    Yes, they look wobbly. seeing knee cave on last two reps especially. Need to remember to cue “knees out”every rep.

Any advice about the hip shooting over issue? I don’t have any pain. Sometimes it looks like my body is trying to shift weight to the right leg.

damn nice gym with tons of space I must say!

Quote Originally Posted by GSM1995 View Post
    Any advice about the hip shooting over issue? I don’t have any pain. Sometimes it looks like my body is trying to shift weight to the right leg.
    I can't see this issue in this view. But knees and hips are thoroughly connected, and if your knees misbehave, your hips will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I can't see this issue in this view. But knees and hips are thoroughly connected, and if your knees misbehave, your hips will too.
    In the first video link, the 3rd rep is the most obvious but it looks like it happens to some degree every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    In the first video link, the 3rd rep is the most obvious but it looks like it happens to some degree every time.
    3rd, 4th and 5th reps. 5th has some knee cave. I bet if you film from the rear you will see it more.

Quote Originally Posted by gv3055 View Post
    damn nice gym with tons of space I must say!
    Thanks! Believe it or not was just given this equipment on an “until further notice” loan. A friend had it in an old storage shed and hadn’t used it for years.

Very thankful, I have a great barbell club in my home town but being able to lift in my barn is great.

I will be sure and focus on my knees next workout. I’ll try a rear angle, this should pick get a better view of both knees and hips.

Thanks!

Nice stalls.

Default Squat Check

starting strength coach development program
    Hello,

Hoping to get some advice on my squat/ this hip issue. Per Rips advice, I’m trying really hard to keep my knees shoved out, and tried to work on my stance today too. Am I too weak for this weight? Is there something I should do to stretch my hips? Not sure what the crazy hip shift is. I don’t have any pain, but it looks awful.
    This video as all three sets with 240lbs
    Chose the rear angle so the issue is most visible.
    Thanks
    Squat-240-Form Check (Hip Shooting Right Issue) - YouTube

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast