starting strength gym

Thread: Form check Squat and DL

Default Form check Squat and DL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Having posted here, being told to resolve my eating distorder: Stalling early in the deadlift, general advide after 6 weeks

I want to post form checks of my squat and deadlift. The last deadlift set was a failure, I could not get the third rep. It doesn't feel heavy, it just won't go up. It's only 115 kg (255 pounds).

Here it is: DL 115 KG fail - YouTube

Here is me doing 110 kg (240) for 5 reps. That was my last working weight, maybe the jump is just too high? I had failed that weight before giving up on the 4th rep (I have that video too if helpful). But here's the 110 kg for 5 reps:

DL 110 KG - YouTube

I also have my last squat set at 100 kg (220 pounds) filmed that I would like help with:

Squat 100 kg - YouTube

Should that be another post? I think I can see knee slide. At least I've seen that before on other sets. I've been working at it with a tubow, and that has taught me what it means to lean over more than you want to. However, using a tubow I have a really hard time actually getting the knees forward to touch the block. It could be that I'm not shooting my knees to the side enough rather than not shooting them too forward. I am a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by z.seb View Post
    Having posted here, being told to resolve my eating distorder: Stalling early in the deadlift, general advide after 6 weeks

I want to post form checks of my squat and deadlift. The last deadlift set was a failure, I could not get the third rep. It doesn't feel heavy, it just won't go up. It's only 115 kg (255 pounds).

Here it is: DL 115 KG fail - YouTube

Here is me doing 110 kg (240) for 5 reps. That was my last working weight, maybe the jump is just too high? I had failed that weight before giving up on the 4th rep (I have that video too if helpful). But here's the 110 kg for 5 reps:

DL 110 KG - YouTube
    Is this a hook grip?

I also have my last squat set at 100 kg (220 pounds) filmed that I would like help with:

Squat 100 kg - YouTube

Should that be another post? I think I can see knee slide. At least I've seen that before on other sets. I've been working at it with a tubow, and that has taught me what it means to lean over more than you want to. However, using a tubow I have a really hard time actually getting the knees forward to touch the block. It could be that I'm not shooting my knees to the side enough rather than not shooting them too forward. I am a bit confused.
    These squats are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Is this a hook grip?
    Yes.

Are you using chalk?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Are you using chalk?
    Yes, I am, generously.

starting strength coach development program
    You're taking 11-pound jumps. Get a belt, back up to 110, and start taking 2.5kg jumps. And try to pull the bar straight up without letting rotate away.