starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean form Czech

Default Power Clean form Czech

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Today on my very last rep I caught the bar and my lumbar turned into rubber for an instant. It was a bizarre and unsettling feeling. Thankfully SS has helped me develop a strong back so I was saved from an acute injury.

These cleans are a challenge.

I tend to catch in hyperextension.

I tend to jump backward.

Anyone see why? I also think they are kinda slow but Iím not sure.

Thanks fellas.

January 19, 2024 - YouTube

January 19, 2024 - YouTube

(The rubber rep is in this video. It was my last rep of the day.)

These look pretty good, but maybe it's time for a belt.

I will belt up next time

You pulled it a hair early, which made you hop forward a little, and catch it with your hips more extended than you are used to. Just think "hips back" when "targeting" the catch and it should take care of it.

I donít follow your cue suggestions - can you clarify them?

So, it is very minor, but you are pulling the bar a little below the "jump" trigger on mid thigh. This means the bar is a little forward of your rack position, so you have to hop forward a little to "catch" the bar. This means your hips move a little forward to "slide" yourself under the bar. So your back "wobbles because instead of accommodating the bar's weight by flexing, because they are already extended, they accommodate the weight by extending further. If you're expecting to resist hip flexion, but your hips are extending, you'll "overcorrect" as you do here.

My suggestion is to concentrate on making sure your hips are flexed when the bar is caught. "Hips back" to ensure you're "sitting" into the rack will prevent you from moving your hips forward excessively, and ensure the weight pushes your hips angle closed, not further open, as it pushes you down.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    So, it is very minor, but you are pulling the bar a little below the "jump" trigger on mid thigh. This means the bar is a little forward of your rack position, so you have to hop forward a little to "catch" the bar. This means your hips move a little forward to "slide" yourself under the bar. So your back "wobbles because instead of accommodating the bar's weight by flexing, because they are already extended, they accommodate the weight by extending further. If you're expecting to resist hip flexion, but your hips are extending, you'll "overcorrect" as you do here.

My suggestion is to concentrate on making sure your hips are flexed when the bar is caught. "Hips back" to ensure you're "sitting" into the rack will prevent you from moving your hips forward excessively, and ensure the weight pushes your hips angle closed, not further open, as it pushes you down.

Ok I understand what you mean now - thanks, Maybach