starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Technique Update

Default Squat Technique Update

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi guys,

Below is my recent 3rd set of 5 reps. I posted a video last week and was told by a few of you to fix my forward knee slide and wanted to confirm if my technique is looking better now.

Both of my knees have been sore everyday, I think due to my previous way of squatting (knees came forward at the bottom of the rep).

I will continue to set my knees early and control the weight down, no dive bombing. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing (or close to) so I don't butcher my knees any further.

Cheers.

Squat technique check Starting Strength - YouTube

Hi Wazza, you have some good reps in there and you also have some that show a little knee slide. Watch your feet and see how on certain reps, your weight shifts forward at the bottom. It's not egregious, but you want to solve these issues while the weight is light.

They look good. I think you can turn your toes out a little more(and shove the knees out accordingly)

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I will continue to work on this. I am thinking of doing box squats for a while now until my knees get better. I think I have tendonitis, how fun haha. Watching the SS box squat video Mark did, it seems it will help me get my knees out of the movement more. Ill give it a go .