starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check 340lbs

Default Squat form check 340lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I would really appreciate a form check on my 340lbs squat.
    Video link: Squat 155kg 2024 - YouTube
    Angle: Not a perfect rear quarter due to the rack obstructing the view
    My data: 24 years old, 256lbs bodyweight, 6' 3", long upper body, short legs and arms
    Training history: have repeated the NLP multiple times due to injury/ time off, now on the late stage NLP

Quote Originally Posted by Irdi Agastra View Post
    I would really appreciate a form check on my 340lbs squat.
    Video link: Squat 155kg 2024 - YouTube
    Angle: Not a perfect rear quarter due to the rack obstructing the view
    My data: 24 years old, 256lbs bodyweight, 6' 3", long upper body, short legs and arms
    Training history: have repeated the NLP multiple times due to injury/ time off, now on the late stage NLP
    These look pretty good to me, though there are more experienced eyes who may have other feedback.

I do see that, on the last couple of reps, you're trying to lift your chest when it gets hard - that's when they slowed a little. And while you have a good downward eye focus for the most part, it looks like you may have looked up on the last one or two.

These look pretty good. Hard to tell exactly but your feet might be a little close together? These are a little "upright": knees tracking a bit far forward, and back angle more vertical, but some of that is down to anthropometry. I have similar proportions and find that a TUBOW (CBA to get the link but YouTube it for everything you'll need) helped a lot for a session or two. You can usually find something to jury rig in a commercial gym:a particularly meaty foam roller or something.

The rack doesn’t obstruct the view; the camera is in the wrong place. This is a side view, not a rear quarter.

I don’t think you’re getting your knees out. I think you could stand to lean over a little more earlier, not much, but some. This will allow you to use hip drive more effectively.

Thank you all for the feedback