starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, today I struggled to hit my PR on deadlift (130kg/286lbs). I didn't have chalk so my hands were burning by the third set.

Here's the video:
    DL (130kg/286lbs) - YouTube

I apologise for the incorrect camera angle. Hope it is sufficient to evaluate the form.

Data: male, 23y, 174cm, 81kg.
    Been doing NLP since the beginning of the year.

Thanks.

So, you notice how when you actually start the pull, you kind of drop your hips? That's indicating that your hips need to be there before the pull starts. You're also squeezing your chest up as part of this process, rather than as a discrete step.

Follow the 5 step deadlift setup and make sure you complete each step before moving to the subsequent one. Before you begin the pull AT ALL, your knees should be somewhere in the crook of your elbows and your upper back should be fully engaged.

Look over the 5-step DL setup as we teach it. Make sure to separate each of those 5 steps with a brief pause. And take less time between reps.

You are dropping your hips before you start the pull. Iím not convinced the bar is over mid-foot. I think itís behind it.

You struggled more to hold on to the bar then anything else. If the grip goes, the rest falls apart. Get chalk

Your hips are too high. It looks like your knees are locking out before for your back starts opening.

starting strength coach development program
    This kid's primary problem is that he never sets his low back into extension. The last 3 reps he doesn't even try. May be the 4-inch belt.