Default Squat 325x5 and backoff set 295x5

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    First Heavy set @325x5
    Proton Drive

Back off set 1@ 295x5
    Proton Drive

Thanks for having a look, I appreciate the feedback.

I've been fighting the bar sliding too low on my back at heavier weights, seems to be on the last few reps.

Your depth is pretty shaky here, some clearly-high reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Your depth is pretty shaky here, some clearly-high reps.
    Thanks again for having a look uncle Rip. I'll work on going a lil lower next session.

Your elbows are at nearly a 90 degree angle to your torso. Narrow your grip, and that's move your elbows in and allow your hands to follow, not just move your hands in. You're doing some kind of weird adjustment at the top as you pull them in slightly, but it's not sufficient, and you shouldn't need to do that at that point in the exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Your elbows are at nearly a 90 degree angle to your torso. Narrow your grip, and that's move your elbows in and allow your hands to follow, not just move your hands in. You're doing some kind of weird adjustment at the top as you pull them in slightly, but it's not sufficient, and you shouldn't need to do that at that point in the exercise.
    Thanks for having a look!

Yah that is prob some kind of nervous tick I am doing. I will try to narrow my grip some more on my next session and see how it feels. Maybe that will help with the bar sliding down on heavier sets.

I need to book a form check in Austin

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Alright, I tried to tighten up my grip tonight the best I could. I managed to get all 3 sets of 5 with 315lbs and I also tried going a lil deeper to where I could feel that stretch reflex on the bottom. The last rep was a grind! but I got that bastard up! I'll get the video of the fives up here soon.

Thanks again for the guidance.