starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat 140 kg

Default Squat 140 kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Rip, Iím wanting to check back and see if my squat is still looking ok after some weight increase. Hereís my second set on 140. Are my knees too far forward or should I lean over even more? Thanks.

Squat 140kg - YouTube

Narrow the stance a little, thighs don't look like they're tracking over the feet, but inside of them some. Knee slide is happening, but might be fixed with a better stance width. Stay in balance over the middle of the foot, not on the balls of the foot not in the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTrout View Post
    Narrow the stance a little, thighs don't look like they're tracking over the feet, but inside of them some. Knee slide is happening, but might be fixed with a better stance width. Stay in balance over the middle of the foot, not on the balls of the foot not in the heel.
    Alright, Iíll work on it. Thanks Bruce!

Novice input here.

It looks like your wrists move into greater extension as you descend.

Perhaps that it a symptom of trying to adjust to not be balanced midfoot in the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
    Novice input here.

It looks like your wrists move into greater extension as you descend.

Perhaps that it a symptom of trying to adjust to not be balanced midfoot in the hole?
    I noticed that as well. Hadnít seen it before, but Iíll try to see if the previous advice from Bruce changes anything. Iíve been having a ton of problems with my wrists, elbows, and shoulders while getting my body used to squatting SS low bar correctly. I think I just have really bad mobility in my yokeÖ especially left shoulder. After 5 months now of NLP, Iím finally settled in a positioning with the bar placement and my grip that seems to work well with no pain or strain in the upper body. By the time I finally get the squat correct I probably wonít be a novice anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTrout View Post
    Hereís a new vid. Today was 142.5kg. The video is of two sets, my first and last. The last one I filmed from the side bc some other people were in the way for the three-quarter view. I hope these are looking better. Let me know what I can do better when you get a chance. Thank you for your help.

Squat 142.5kg - YouTube

Look at your heels. Is the floor that soft? If not, your knees are too forward, pulling your heels up. Guess why that happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Look at your heels. Is the floor that soft? If not, your knees are too forward, pulling your heels up. Guess why that happens...
    Maybe BC I need to get my hips back more, and stop moving my knees forward after the first part of the squat. Am I looking down too much? Iím nailing the form at lower weight but when I get to the work sets my knees are going forward to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Or could be bar placement is too high and Iím not leaning over enough.

starting strength coach development program
    This is kind of messing with me lol. Is the floor soft? Maybe the video is just playing tricks with my eyes, but there seems to be a ton of give in the floor or the shoes or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast