starting strength gym
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Squat Form Check Please!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    12

    Red face Squat Form Check Please!

    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi all,

    I wanted to get your opinion on my squat. I am still learning the technique.

    Am I bending over enough? I can see I need to fix my eyeline and will do that next workout.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=cDh4EgbJ...m1Y465LSjSx9Ox

    Please let me know if any of these reps are okay.

    Thank you,
    Daniel.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Daniel - your eye gaze actually looks quite good to me. As does your back angle.

    You are, however, a bit high - get a little deeper.

    The weight on your foot appears to be rolling outboard on the ascent - try getting your toes pointed out a little more, (with legs following) to fix both of those.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    3,353

    Default

    Allow your knees to come much more forward than you are now and get them there sooner.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Posts
    551

    Default

    "Knees out" will help you here. Think that as loudly as you can.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Daniel - your eye gaze actually looks quite good to me. As does your back angle.

    You are, however, a bit high - get a little deeper.

    The weight on your foot appears to be rolling outboard on the ascent - try getting your toes pointed out a little more, (with legs following) to fix both of those.

    Okay great, will do. What do you think of my knees? I find if I bend over more like Rip says, my knees tend to not travel as forward as much.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Your knees will travel more forward if you squat to correct depth.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Allow your knees to come much more forward than you are now and get them there sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza369 View Post
    Okay great, will do. What do you think of my knees? I find if I bend over more like Rip says, my knees tend to not travel as forward as much.
    I defer to Satch, in accordance with general best practice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    12

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Okay awesome. Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •