starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Carl Raghavan testimonial

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Had a session with Carl last September and now planning some further sessions - looking back it improved my form in ways it would have been impossible to do with just the book/youtube/on line form checks. It greatly increased my confidence in what I was doing and enabled me to push on with weights that had started to scare me!

I also had a session 3 weeks ago with Carl. Great session, mostly focused on power cleans, the Press and a bit on squats. The guy knows his stuff, highly recommended. If 2 hours can make such a difference I'm wondering what one can do if he trains under a SS coach regularly.

Hi,
    I was trying to learn how to do my big lifts from the internet (mostly youtube). And that got me to a nice place. But having a plateau for such a long time and still not feeling 100% comfortable with my form I decided to visit Carl. That was one of the best things that I'ver done.
    He corrected my bad form, seems like small things/cues but that are making big differences. I'm not stressing my body in the wrong places, and feel more confident then ever doing my lifts.
    I couldn't recommend him more.
    5 stars rating

Just came back from London where I had the pleasure of spending two hours training under Carl's supervision. He was able to identify and correct small(ish) errors in my squat and deadlift. And he also showed me how much work I still have left on the press. His explanation of and coaching throughout the lifts is simple, accurate and to the. He is very friendly and answers all of your questions. And he doesn't shy away from joking. Probably the most productive 2 hours I ever spend at a gym.

Even if you're not a complete novice, there's always going to be things you will need help with. Carl is your go-to man.

BTW, the gym, Physical Culture, is very well equipped and a great place to train at.

I had 2hrs with Carl yesterday (ended up being about 2hr 15min) We went through: Squat, front squat, press, deadlift and bench. I'd been training on my own in my garage gym for 18months, coaching myself using the Blue Book, YouTube and these forums.
    Turns out my squat was an abomination, press not much better, bench not too bad and I actually PR'd my deadlift with decent form.
    Carl made some big changes to my form, especially the squat and also some subtle changes which I never would have identified on my own.
    I left with a much clearer sense of how the movements should feel and a better all round kinaesthetic awareness.
    We talked through my current HLM programming and Carl has suggested some changes there which I will implement.
    1-1 coaching from a SSC is obviously a premium service but I certainly had value for money and can now progress my training with confidence.
    Physical Culture Gym is a great facility, high quality bars and racks and hot showers.

All in all, highly recommended. I should have gone months ago before I engrained incorrect movement patterns!

starting strength coach development program
    I had a 2 hour session with Carl a couple of weeks ago. The London traffic got me, and I ended up being 10 minutes late, yet he ran the session over, and I ended up having more than 2 hours anyway. He really helped fix my form on lifts, especially the squat. I read the book and had personal trainers at my gym look at my form in an attempt to save the money for a SS coach, when now i wish I had just got to Carl straight away. My lifts had clear problems with them which I wasn't able to pick up myself, and a couple of hours with Carl helped fix the form.

He wrote a couple of programs as well, which are more geared towards my needs and include lifts to focus on the weakpoints of my form. It's been a couple of weeks now, and I definitely notice the difference in my training.

The gym he trains in is decent. Loads of platforms, benches and racks, and I was there at a fairly busy time.

Once I get further in my training with the new form, I definitely hope to go back there or consider his online coaching.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456