starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost 11 inches of belly fat and 46lbs.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Welcome to the Forums, EverStronger! Thanks for sharing your story!

Welcome to the cult, and congratulations on your amazing progress. When I worked in IT 15 years ago I hit 240. At 5'8" I looked like Jabba the friggin' Hutt. Dropped to 180 since then, got fit, had a heart attack a year ago anyway, and currently at 190, 10 of it new meat from doing SS since last September. Good luck on your journey.

Have you ever considered a log here on the site?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to follow along.

@ Oldman and Farback- Thanks lol I am still figuring all this fun computer stuff out and am very happy to now be part of this group And best wishes on your journey as well! (Jabba the Hutt is a grand expression! My rolls has rolls..... shutters)

@ Merkin Weaver- To say I have been very surprised by the amount of interest in my story in a vast understatement. I am considering a log here on the site as well as possible progression pictures. I am going to work at getting stuff together and starting a log (I believe this is the right term) on here with in the month. So stay tuned

Awesome. We need more womens logs here. My partner is taking some interest in lifting. I am going to show her your story and log (when you get one).

Amazing!

Thank you Rip for stopping by to say hi and congratulate me on my progress. It was my pleasure to write a testimonial for such and amazing program. It means so much to me. It was like meeting a rock star! Tripping over my chair was totally on purpose as well as the fan girl stutter It was awesome to meet you in person and have you sign my book! (fan girl Squeeeee)

Also for those asking about me doing a log on here this is the start of two week count down! Woot woot!

Thumbs up!

Keep going.

BR
    P

I took a slightly different route - lost a bunch of weight doing high protein-low carb (Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes) and now want to get strong as I maintain my weight (drop a bit more fat while increasing muscle) then maybe even get heavier after my body fat reaches 15%.

So, I have one question for you...my wife is also losing weight now and I'd like to see her gain some of the benefits you discuss, but the bodybuilding female physique is not appealing to her and I don't think she'd be too interested. So, my question:

Did you get bulky?

starting strength coach development program
    Ryan~
    No I didn’t bulk up and this topic has been well addressed through out the forums. If you haven’t I would suggest you read Starting Strength, Mean Old Mr Gravity or invest some time to read the forum. I am strong and stronger is always better than weaker. I was told to get strong first and the numbers (weight wise) will work itself out, true then, true now.
    Good luck to your wife and her training!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast