I don't have any life perspective changing testimonial. I'm just an average, middle-aged husband and father of 4 who is much, much stronger at 40 than I've even been in my entire life. I started this endeavor about 2 1/2 years ago, participated in the Fall Classic on Saturday at WFAC, and just wanted to provide some words of thanks for all of the folks in this community for what they are contributing to improving health and quality of life for folks.

Thanks to Rip for hosting Saturday's event, for putting out excellent content, and for narrow casting.

Nick Delgadillo and all of the volunteers for putting on a fun, well organized, and well run event at WFAC.

Dr. Sullivan for his Barbell Training is Big Medicine article which is probably what spurred me on the most to ditch the running, trying to drop pounds, and give strength training it's proper focus. Seeing my dad deteriorate through all of the metabolic syndrome complications (HBP, quadruple bypass, stroke, and diabetes) and knowing that was my future if I didn't get my act together makes being caught up by the narrow casting pretty easy. I love my dad, but he's 64, and you would think he's 84.

Randy Winfrey and Andy Baker for the excellent in-person coaching they provided. If you're near the Houston area, they are both worth your money and time.

Austin and Jordan for all of the continuing education on medicine, health, and programming and putting on an excellent seminar through Barbell Medicine.

Bill Been for some excellent early on advice on the Facebook page on getting through the set when weights start getting heavy...and for entertaining us all with his flowery and creative use of the English language.

Matt Reynolds for being incredible helpful for us first-timers on Saturday even not being SSOC clients.