starting strength gym

Thread: Talk about novice progression!

Default Talk about novice progression!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    First post so figured id make it my testimonial. I am sure it sounds about like most but figured I would share.

40 yo 155lbs.
    Squat 160
    Bench 145
    Dead 250
    OHP 90
    Row 135

41yo 175 lbs Completing 24 Sessions TODAY
    Squat 275
    Bench 200
    Dead 360 1RM 405
    OHP 125
    Row 190

I was in great shape to start with. I have virtuously "exercised" for the last 20 years, but i was a cardio sapling. I began my journey by search the internet for a program. I sifted through the billions of ton of BS and found a group of people that all seems strong, knew wth they were talking about and for the most part trained with their shirts on. They all had one thing in common. they were associated with Mark Rippetoe and SS. Hmm...Ok.

I ordered the book and started lifting. My form was horrible and I could not move any weight. My squat looked like 14 yo girl doing the stinky leg.... so i read the book again and watched every video again. I got back under the bar and kept lifting. I got stronger and stronger. I started moving some weight and my body was feeling great.

Today, my legs rub together at the top, girls stare at my ass like its a rare Micheal Kors purse and I had to buy all new suits. I am no longer a sapling.

Now I plan to add back the cardio even though my "abs" are more defined than ever and I have not done a lick of cardio.

Also, I had back surgery about 15 years ago, laminectomy. I had stiff left leg and some mild pain. Now that pain is almost completely gone. I do not stretch or foam roll or any mobility, and I promise you my muscles are more useful and usable than ever.

Thanks SS! Onward to 300 lb squat and 500lb Dead.

Congratulations! Some nice progress there.