starting strength gym

Thread: Weak and Chubby Mom Finally Listened to Her SSC and Stopped Running

Thumbs up Weak and Chubby Mom Finally Listened to Her SSC and Stopped Running

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For my entire life I have run for exercise. I gained what I considered a whole bunch of weight during the pregnancies/post pregnancies of 3 kids and running wasn’t helping. I was chubby and very out of shape (as pictured).

A family friend is an SSC, and he very simply explained fat wasn’t my problem, weak was my problem. I started barbell training 4.5 years ago. I continued to run, despite patient and not so patient guidance to stop. I had good results, but as I have learned, not as good as they could have been without running depleting my muscles and straining recovery.

I finally stopped running 2 years ago. This decision was absolutely transformational. I have made great gains in strength, lost fat and gained muscular weight. Probably not surprising for many of you, but beyond feeling strong and fit, I have gained confidence.

I now weigh more than I did when I thought I was fat, I weigh more than my max pregnancy weight. But muscle has replaced fat and I am stronger than I have ever been.

What started as a goal to lose weight, has turned into an invaluable journey of becoming strong.

image1-4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic story. And while the aesthetic transformation is most apparent, the psychological and overall wellness transformation is more important. Nice work! Keep it up!