I trained yesterday with the only SSC in New Jersey, Adam Skillin. I noticed Adam was from NJ when he replied to a common question I put up regarding the grip for a low bar squat when you have long arms.

After asking him about a session, I received a PM a few hours later, and after a few e-mails, we were set.

The day of, he gave me a composition notebook, insisting that I document my workouts, and we got right to it.

Adam’s presentations of the exercises were concise and targeted to problems he anticipated I would have. The first half of the lesson flew by, as the squat and press seemed to be the lifts I was more prepared for.p

During our long rest periods, Adam equipped me with loads of valuable information about everything from equipment to nutrition, even intermediate programming and what to expect when the lifts began to feel extremely heavy.

What especially impressed me was how patient Adam was during my difficulties with the deadlift and bench press. I struggled immensely with the “chest up” cue for the deadlift, but somehow, we still managed to get through a very-ugly set of 205 x 5 with some encouraging overtones.

Overall, a 2-and-half hour long introductory session with Adam is very well-worth the expense in your journey to maximize your strength! If anyone has any questions about my experience before they commit to an experience with Adam, I’d be glad to take any questions over PMs.