My testimonial is for SSBBT, the Squat Camp I attended recently and the SSC's I have encountered.

Below is an excerpt from a recent email I wrote to Jonathon M. Sullivan MD, PhD, FACEP, SSC aka "Sully" after attending the Michigan Squat Camp at Grey Steel.

Before this let me just say my new SSC Mia Inman is an incredible person and an amazing coach. I was amazed at how much my form was cleaned up in just one session and I look forward to working with her for many years!

Also a special thank you to Chris Kurisko my platform coach at the Squat Camp. Chris is a great coach and a super nice, approachable and very strong person.

Thanks also go to Jordan and Austin who always take time to answer my medical, training and nutrition questions in a brilliant and concise way over on barbell medicine.

Here is some of what I wrote:
"Sully,

I just wanted to thank you for hosting such an awesome camp. It was a very positive and affirming experience.

I also really appreciate you allowing me to bring my wife and answering her questions afterwards about her recovery after surgery.
Believe it or not she also found the entire experience very interesting, entertaining and inspiring. It was great to have her there to film me and she was actually impressed with my abilities which doesn't hurt either.

I really have to say meeting your clients in person is a huge inspiration. Sure it is cool to see guys who can lift a lot but it doesn't even compare. Sometimes I feel "old" at 47 but seeing a tiny 70+ year old woman who can pull over 200 pounds is truly awesome.

It was really nice for me to hear that I'm doing a decent job squatting since I have been training alone in my garage. Here is my favorite video my wife shot:

YouTube

I start coaching with a great SSC Mia this Sunday so I am looking forward to seeing how strong I can get.

In my 20's and 30's I was an "insect" as Rip says. I think I weighed about 125 pounds, then when I turned 40 and quit smoking I went from about 150 to 220 over 6 months and was a pig. I'm sure you can also imagine the incredible level of athleticism involved in sitting at a bench staring into the back of a tiny watch 10 hours a day requires.

Anyway I am much stronger than I have ever been but I have no clue what my potential is. What I do know is that barbell training has been the most amazing RX I could have hoped for. Mentally It has greatly reduced my anxiety because most things just don't seem that hard anymore.

So, this is a really long winded way to thank you.
(Don't worry I already thanked Chris personally for being an amazing platform coach.)
I know your background and know what you COULD be doing. I really appreciate what you ARE doing and the risks you're taking. Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Morgan"
In my, albeit somewhat limited, experience what I can say about SSC's is they are doing what they do out of love. Maybe that sounds Pollyanna-ish but is what I have observed. I also have observed that in being an SSC intelligence and compassion are actually more important attributes than strength.

Keep getting stronger!