starting strength gym

Thread: You guys were right and I can't believe it

Default You guys were right and I can't believe it

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So this last weekend we had to move my Mother in law, she's good people so I have no problem helping her. Anyways all her kids came in to town to help and it came time to move the piano. Doing my own linear progression I was thinking "dude I got this, an average upright piano weighs 500-600 lbs, I can deadlift over 400 lbs so I can be on one side of the piano and then I can pick from 1 of the 3 brothers of my wife who are division 1 athletes, they should be able to lift the other side of the piano because they are D-1 athletes right, and squats and deadlifts should be a normal thing for a D-1 athlete especially at top 25 ranked soccer programs and SEC schools." Well I was wrong and NOT ONE of them lift heavy weights. So Im on one side of the piano and those 3 are on the other side of the piano and we get it moved. The next day one of my wife's brothers back is hurting, my back was actually hurting before the move (I was sick during the week and didn't lift) but moving the piano made my back pain go away (funny right).

I just can't believe these college coaches dont lift heavy. I've read about it on this website but I just didn't believe you guys at all. Well I'm sorry I doubted you guys and after me making fun of how weak her brothers are the only one who asked me about lifting heavy was..... my mother in law. We start this week on her linear progression.

Thanks for making me the strongest guy in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMACKATTACK199 View Post
    Well I'm sorry I doubted you guys and after me making fun of how weak her brothers are the only one who asked me about lifting heavy was..... my mother in law. We start this week on her linear progression.
    haha that's hilarious! But life is funny that way isn't it? Hope all the best for her.

Funny you mention that.... Strongest guy in the room. I recall being in a room of 100 family members after less than 1 year of lp knowing I was "SGITR". Congratulations!