I can't say I was weak when I started Starting Strength, but the program really taught me how to properly perform the most important lifts.

When I first started working out, I was the idiot who just did arms and the occasional bench press or lat pulldown. I like to think it was because I was a kid and didn't know better, but it was still wasted time in retrospect.

A couple years ago I started trying SS knock-off programs. I made big strides in the compound movements like squat and deadlifts, but my form is still pretty crap in comparison to now.

I did SS for about half a year, and have been doing The Texas Method for about 2 months now.

While my numbers are okay, I am more proud of how much better my technique has gotten. Not only my form, but just that I know what I'm doing. I would squat (high bar) by feel, and absolutely hate it. I've come to really love low bar squats.

My current numbers, for my intensity day of 1x5:

Squat: 365lbs

Deadlift: 385lbs

Bench: 235lbs

OHP: 120lbs

Before I started the program, I was only squatting 245lbs for 3x5 and deadlift was 315lbs.

Can't thank Rip and the Starting Strength team enough for the books, but also for the wealth of free knowledge provided in articles here, podcasts and YouTube videos. It is immeasurably helpful, and provides a lot of entertainment too.