Hi,
I wanted to tell my experience with SS training. I am 28 years old and since I was 16 I have been a regular user of gyms, with periods of regular activity and others of inactivity. Looking at it in perspective, the only thing he did in the gym was to waste time from one machine to another or doing the typical Weider routine.
I knew the SS method and heard about Rippetoe for the first time through a Spanish blog (I'm from Spain) and I have to say that my way of seeing the training changed drastically. I learned the technique of squat, deadlift, etc. (I am still perfecting my technique) and about 2 months ago I started following the routine. My numbers have increased exponentially, going from lifting at first 10 kilos in squat to 66 kilos that I currently lift.
In addition, not only my physical strength has increased, but also my mental strength. Since following this routine I have noticed that I am more disciplined, more energetic and enthusiastic. I think Rippetoe is right when he says that being strong makes you more useful in general.
Finally, I only have words of thanks to Rippetoe for his training program.
We continue reading here.

Greetings.

P.D .: Forgive my spelling mistakes, I am improving my English level.