starting strength gym

Thread: Female, 65, loves SS

Default Female, 65, loves SS

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wasn't sure where to post because I don't see where the old ladies hang out. I discovered SS from a recommendation given to me by a young marine two years ago. I was an underweight vegan, maybe 95#. I am 4ft. 11 inches and now weigh about 100#. Very small framed. I have tried to follow the LP program and made progress based on my genetics, anthropometry, etc. A trainer friend told me I needed more protein to create mass and I try my best but I just can't fit that much protein and food in my stomach. I now eat plenty of fish and chicken, turkey, as will fit in my belly. I still feel I made progress going from empty bar squat to 98#, an empty bar to 145# dead lift. The presses are my weakest at 53 # and the bench at 78#. I do each major lift twice a week. I also noticed more energy with bioidentical hormones but the shutdown threw everything off. I wanted to seek others for inspiration. Would like the camraderie since I am the only senior at the gym doing the major lifts. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Any older ladies here?

Welcome to the SS Forums, petzmom.

Quote Originally Posted by petzmom View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post because I don't see where the old ladies hang out.
    The board is open, with no restricted spaces. If you have questions about programming, you might want to put them in the Programming Modifications forum since that is intended to group up special populations, but depending on the question, you might decide that General Programming is a better place.

Thank you! This was my first post so didn't know how to go about it but I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind.

You go girl! Older master female lifter here! Proud of your progress, keep going!