starting strength gym

Thread: Master Lifter from TN

Default Master Lifter from TN

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Greetings, my name is Virginia from Tennessee. I am 59 and 3/4 Master lifter. I found SS in October of 2019. I was feeling like my strength and life were slipping away. I saw a video of Mark teaching the squat on the Art of Manliness youtube channel. I was impressed with his explanation so I looked up Starting Strength. I watched a video and Mark said something like: you mean if you add weight to the bar, and you're older, your body won't know what to do? Well I was hooked. Bought the SS blue book, read it and began DTFP, minus gym shut down, getting COVID, and 2 long vacations. I watched the videos on squatting, benching and deadlifting. Many in my gym are now low bar squatting. I made a goal of combined bench, squat and deadlift of 500lbs, In March I competed in my 1st powerlifting competition and did 505 lbs. I also read Barbell Prescription. Every time I read them I pick up new "gems" of information. squat: 175, bench 110, deadlift 215, 148 lbs @ 5'1". SS has given me back my life, instead of feeling like I was fading I have a renewed sense of confidence,

I was feeling like my strength and life were slipping away.

Yeah, it comes on slow and then you realize that box is heavy.