I want to make this post in the hopes of convincing people struggling with APT to give starting strength a try by sharing my experience.

So a little background about myself - I'm a 22 y/o male currently 6'4" 200 lbs, just graduated college, computer science major so I am sitting in a chair A LOT. Started lifting towards the end of high school following a PPL split but didn't really know what I was doing. Was always super skinny so wanted to bulk up. Made some nice newb gains, got my squat up to 225 and my weight up to 140 (I told you I was super skinny) or so, then starting taking accutane which led me to stop lifting as I was getting a ton of joint pain.

To make a long story short, throughout college I had periods of solid progress and periods that were kinda stagnant due to being interrupted with COVID and going abroad and limited food options on campus etc. Throughout this time I refused to deadlift as I was concerned about hurting my back and knew a couple people who seriously messed theirs up deadlifting. Didn't squat much either once I noticed my anterior pelvic tilt (APT) as I was worried my excessive lumbar extension would put excess stress on certain parts of my spine, so mostly messed around with machines like leg press and hack squat or other leg isolation things. This entire time I was doing a PPL split based on stuff I read on the internet like reddit and Jeff Nippard.

A couple weeks ago a friend read Starting Strength and recommended it. I did the same and starting watching all the youtube videos, listening to the podcast etc. I was unhappy at my progress with my current routine and a lot of what Rip was saying made a lot of sense. I was hesitant about it due to its focus on deadlifts and squats, things which I had made up in my mind to be bad for APT. After reading some threads here about it and seeing people remark how strength straining could actually improve my APT, I decided to give it a shot.
What ultimately convinced me to try SS was reading Rip's response in a thread on here about APT, where he asked a rhetorical question along the lines of "do you seriously thing stretching will move the lower spine to where it should be will be more effective than using heavy weights to move it?" which made a ton of sense.

I've only been running SS for less than 3 weeks, but this morning I saw myself sideways in the mirror and noticed how much my APT had improved! My numbers are still nowhere near where they should be (245 deadlift, 195 squat although I'm lowering that to focus on my form, 155 bench and 95 lb press) but it has been insane how much just 3 weeks of hitting compounds properly has helped. Over the last few years I've tried foam rolling, stretching, isolated ab work, isolated glutes work, pretty much anything that people recommend when you search the internet and none of it has helped as much as doing the compounds has been. I've noticed a significant increase in muscle on my lower back already - I remember the day after deadlifting the first time feeling my lower back and thinking "where did that muscle come from??"

Anyways, I know there is so much stuff, most of it garbage based on my experience, about how to fix APT on the Internet, so I wanted to share my experience about using a method that actually works in the hopes that others dealing with APT will read this and decide to give SS a try!