So I honestly cannot remember when I first found out about Rip and the SS model. I did a half ass version of it last year. I got scared of the weight I had to do next workout and moved to a different program. Long story short, I felt like I wasn’t making much progress and now I am back on SS. I want that 405 squat, 225 press, 500 dead, and 350 bench. But, I want them with clean reps.

I’ve been “going to the gym” for over 10 years now. I use to be constantly approached by gym coaches asking if I wanted to join their team because I have the “mesomorphic body.” So I dabbled with that, but it became expensive.

Fast forward until now, and I realized I never had a goal in mind every time I went to train. I just wanted to do a bunch of weird stuff and felt like I did something hard.

I started really focusing on SS and the techniques. My techniques still could use some work, but what amazes me is Rip and other coaches on here find time to point things out…. For free if you post the video how they want it.

So I’ve been doing SS by myself, and now for my title.

All my gym bros and friends have all moved onto some sort of CrossFit hybrid. Mainly they go on instagram and look for some training related account with a name like “BlAcK OpS TraInIng” and they post a list of shit to do. Then they usually include some quote at the end of the list like “we all go home”, “brothers forever”, “train to save your brother.”

So that really makes my friends get a hard on and so excited for the excercise that basically consists of doing a whole bunch of reps at low weight, body weight stuff, and running.

They see SS as “power lifting” and it will never be applicable in “law enforcement.” Because there’s no running, how you going to be able to catch the bad guy? Does SS teach you how to fight when you are tired?? Some of the workouts involve a long spring then proceeded by some jerked number out of ass bench press for a set of 10. Say 185. That teaches you how to fight when you are tired.

I won’t go into detail why they are wrong, but you’ll figure it out.

Maybe I’m drinking the cool aid hard, but I feel like I am making measurable progress.