I played basketball in college from 2003-2007. The program must have been a little short on funds because they delegated our pre-season strength training to an assistant coach who had no clue. I didn't know enough to refuse and with the peer pressure from teammates it would have been hard to take a stand even if I did. We did brutal leg workouts almost every day. One exercise was taking 45 lb plates or heavier dumbells (for the post players, i.e. me) in each hand and lunging up and down the football field. Then we'd alternate from stupid high reps to low reps with heavy weights with bad form. High bar squats above parallel with heavy weights. I had 300+ lbs on my back when realistically I maybe could have actually only squatted about 185. Backs arched to the ceiling on the bench. It was just really really stupid. I'd be so sore I'd have to ice my knees and take large amounts of ibuprofen just to make it through the day. It definitely made me a worse athlete. Fortunately the weight training stopped completely during the season so my body could recover enough to compete at a decent level. But there was always, always nagging pain. To this day, 20 years later I can't drive a car for more than a couple hours before my knees hurt and I have to stop. There's a palpable lump of scar tissue in my right patella tendon. I wish I had you guys or the blue book in high school or college. My athletic career would have been better, which would have been fun, but in the big scheme of things that really didn't matter that much. I was never good enough to go pro. Having this information would have made my life better. I'd have been stronger and would have had a healthy relationship with strength training instead of just viewing it as unnecessary torture. I'll have to write up a complete testominial when I'm done with the NLP (it's going great!) but in the meantime I wanted to get this off my chest and say thanks. I know my experience is probably pretty mild in terms of coaching horror stories. But, again, thanks. You guys don't get paid enough.