starting strength gym

Thread: WashedUp former advanced lifter NLP

Default WashedUp former advanced lifter NLP

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all,

I have been a long-time Starting Strength fan and podcast listener.
    I am starting an NLP today (12/19/22).

Male
    6'0
    Around 370 pounds

Short background:
    I trained regularly from 8th grade through 24 years of age in 2008. The year 2008 marked the end of my college football experience, and I got into more competitive lifting. I entered a competition and peaked that training experience with a 605lbs PR bench in the gym wearing a single-ply shirt. Around that time, I remember benching raw triples with 545 lbs and 565 lbs. After hitting the 605lbs while training, I was good to go for the competition. On my second lift in the competition, I had a smooth 600lbs attempt go up but got red-lighted due to my spotter touching the bar accidentally. Due to the failed attempt, I took another shot at 600lbs on my third attempt, it did not go well. During this attempt at 600 lbs, my left pec tendon ruptured, and my pec detached in the middle of the press.

After my surgery to repair the rupture in 2008, I have been training inconsistently at best. I would also say that I haven't really lifted at all in the last year or so. It begins today, and I figured posting here would provide me with some level of accountability.

I plan on posting my lifts later today and the progress I make following the NLP.

My washed-up attempt to stave off death!

Set my starting weights with my first two lifts:

Monday (sets of 5):
    Squat - 225 lbs
    Press - 135
    Deadlift - 325

Wednesday (sets of 5):
    Squat - 235
    Bench - 225
    Deadlift - 335

Felt good, and I could have pushed it a little harder. I have been injured going too hard too fast in the past so I wanted to start more reasonably. I will update my experience from time to time.

Merry Christmas y'all!