starting strength gym

Thread: Hard labor makes you mean, not strong.

Default Hard labor makes you mean, not strong.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Mark, just want to say thank you for the information that finally allowed me to see the results I wanted with weightlifting. I was training 5x5 (bench squat deadlift) five days a week and trying to make 10 lbs jumps every week. Needless to say I was in pain, and not your average soreness either, I would wake up and feel like I had been thrown very violently into concrete. I have been doing manual labor my whole life. I served in the Army, I have worked on towing vessels, been on offshore oil rigs, I was even raised on an Angus farm. I was a scrawny kid when I was growing up, so all that shit about if you grow up on a farm and work you'll be strong is horseshit. In the Army I was a PT stud, but only by Army standards. I worked like a madman. On the deck of those tow boats I regularly toted pieces of rigging that weighed 80lbs for 12 hour shifts in the busiest northbound fleet in the southeast. Even after all that, no results. I was mean, tenacious, and game; but I was not strong. I found SS on youtube, so shout out to your marketing team. Now I finally have results, I actually feel in control now, and for awhile if I'm being honest I did not know what that was like. My numbers are not impressive yet but with time they will be. Thanks again. Stay mean.

Current numbers on the NLP
    Weight:280
    Bench: 300
    Squat: 345
    Press: 225
    Deadlift: 405

And climbing...

Yep, farm work and oil field work define you as a hard worker. Of course, there are those rough necks that can manhandle piping. Imagine what they could do in the gym?