starting strength gym

Thread: Press Form Check

Default Press Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here's a video of 130x4. Been trying to work on the bounce and stopping dead on my shoulders between reps.

Thanks coaches.

YouTube

Couple of things:
    1) Looks like your elbows are being carried out rally wide, screw your armpits tighter and bring them in so your forearm is vertical at the bottom.
    2) Finish the rep a little more deliberately - you're very casual with your lock-out, and on at least one rep, your elbows were not fully extended. Shrug harder at the top, as well.

I know rep 4 was a grind, but you moved the bar away from you slightly and ended up on your toes for the entire lift. Keep the bar in close to you, almost trying to hit your nose on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    Couple of things:
    1) Looks like your elbows are being carried out rally wide, screw your armpits tighter and bring them in so your forearm is vertical at the bottom.
    2) Finish the rep a little more deliberately - you're very casual with your lock-out, and on at least one rep, your elbows were not fully extended. Shrug harder at the top, as well.

I know rep 4 was a grind, but you moved the bar away from you slightly and ended up on your toes for the entire lift. Keep the bar in close to you, almost trying to hit your nose on the way up.
    Do you mean tighten my lats before I press?

Yeah it's hard for me to keep the bar close. I think actively about that every time but it always ends up in front of me.

How about this: Why don't you try the cue as given, instead of thinking about a particular, and individual muscle group? Screw your armpits in tighter. This involves more than lats.