starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Business name ideas.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    It's a brand-in-trade, yes. But you'll come up with something as good or even better.
    Gray Steal your idea?

Griseo Ferro (Latin)

Iron For Life after 40

Powerful Aging

Golden Age Ironworks

Gray Iron

Iron Warriors

Iron Power

Ironworks Wellness

Healing Iron

Steel Prescription

Strength for Life

Iron for Life

ok I'll stop.

You're welcome.
    Last edited by Cheesepuff; 07-26-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: annotation

Quote Originally Posted by johnnys View Post
    So "Auckland Senior Citizen Strength Training" is pretty low risk, and reasonably search engine friendly.

Yes that's why you need a local expert, "Senior Citizen" is popular in American English, less so in the British. How it ranks in New Zealand, who knows? SEO friendly is not a guessing game. Folks that do this for a living spend thousands and thousands of dollars per year for subscriptions to services run analysis. Most folks that get an "idea" about running a business fail because they don't create a business plan. The next wave of failure are those that write a plan but grossly under estimate the customer acquisition cost and fail to budget accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post

Iron For Life after 40

Gray Iron

Iron Warriors

Iron Power

Healing Iron

Iron for Life
    In New Zealand you'll get lost in search results for supplements and Multivitamin.
    Last edited by Strega; 07-28-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Weightlifting gyms are usually, if not exclusively local businesses so why all the concern about SEO and web-based sales? Once launched, some Youtube videos that depict exactly what you do for those who want to be strong will probably do a lot more to generate business than some fancy website. FWIW, the terrific Dr. Sullivan videos, his excellent discussions about aging and Grey Steel website are impressive, but I can't train at his gym in Michigan. Rip's books, applications and videos as well as Facebook presence help me a lot, but I can't train in WF. Cheesepuff's name ideas are direct and descriptive. No need to be cute with weightlifting gym names, IMHO. An arcane name derived from mythology might be fun to talk about, but what message does it convey? To me, the weapons grade messages in Cheesepuff's suggestions are distinctive and convey the point.

Quote Originally Posted by AParrillo View Post
    Weightlifting gyms are usually, if not exclusively local businesses so why all the concern about SEO and web-based sales? Once launched, some Youtube videos that depict exactly what you do for those who want to be strong will probably do a lot more to generate business than some fancy website.
    I don't recall anyone speaking about web based sales. However, you are underestimating the value of a local SEO plan. You can do all the little Youtube videos you want but nobody is going to see them unless you get them ranked. At the end of the day, a confusing or good name is not as important as your business plan. If you don't have a solid plan, a budget and understanding basics like customer aquistion cost you'll fail.

How about "Learn to Squat like they do in the Serengeti". But then in our overly sensitive age you might get accused of some prejudice or other. Maybe "Squat like our Ancestors"

Squat like an Egyptian?

Quote Originally Posted by Strega View Post
    I don't recall anyone speaking about web based sales. However, you are underestimating the value of a local SEO plan. You can do all the little Youtube videos you want but nobody is going to see them unless you get them ranked. At the end of the day, a confusing or good name is not as important as your business plan. If you don't have a solid plan, a budget and understanding basics like customer aquistion cost you'll fail.
    OK Strega, what are your optimal SEO and customer acquisition suggestions for the OP?

starting strength coach development program
    SEO

I've done SEO at Experian and several other big outfits, I only mention Experian because I'll never go back there. Long boring story. But I did really good things for them.

Doing SEO at a big outfit you are forced to learn the legal implications of your content. I also did some semi-gratis work for a medical place. I say semi-gratis because while I didn't get paid, the resulting increase in business got a relative who worked there part time, full time employment. It was worth it to me.

How do you move the needle on a local business? First, do you have a plan for any people you "attract". Think through what you want them to do.

The short answer is content relevance. In the local business arena, having a "community information" page, perhaps tied to activities (which all have address which include community names). That is the short answer on a template for content creation. What you need in your content are nearby (driving distance to use your gym) communities.
    Clearly content about what you do, and a lot about your area.

I did a search "strength training MY COMMUNITY". Of course I'd include nearby ones too.
    The top 2 hits were big box gyms, had legit SEO, after that you could beat them like rented mules.

Another thing to watch for is health fairs. Get a booth, play Sully's videos. There are plenty of success stories all over this site.

Selling is having what they want, and letting them figure it out. You have exactly what they need, it is almost what they want... if only it came in pill form. LOL.

You are selling results... their results. This is not about you. Don't take it personally. Keep in mind how Rip talks about the program. Where he can take you. Think about that, Rip is clear, confident, and has harsh expectations coupled to amazing results. You can't go too far wrong doing it like that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123