starting strength gym
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Elderly Thread of Awesome

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    Took my shot today. Last Friday was 380 for 2 singles--so I took Monday as a light one to set up for today. Worked out perfectly because my old partner stopped by for a few minutes, just as I needed a solid liftoff! Perfect. Ended up with a solid 390x1.
    Well done Oldster! One of the very best benchers on this board!

#GoodOneYoda!

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Well done Oldster! One of the very best benchers on this board!
    Thanks, skid. Not sure I'm one of the best, pretty sure I couldn't have gotten 391. Sure felt nice to get the liftoff, feel how light it was, and know it was mine.

I decided to start a training log, which is here:
    Stronger Than Yesterday
    in case anyone is interested. My first couple of posts in the thread are long, summarizing the 14 workouts I've done between January 18th and today. I don't lift impressive weight like many of you, but I haven't missed a training day either. Plus there's some intro stuff about who I am, and a sleep log that I kept for the past week. Who can beat me for getting the most sleep while in training? zzzzz. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-in-PHX View Post
    but I haven't missed a training day either.
    Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    Winner!
    Thanks!

Pulled 212.5kg for a 10kg PR at my meet yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Pulled 212.5kg for a 10kg PR at my meet yesterday.
    Wow! Awesome, BD! Congrats on a giant pull!

!!![Sounds of applause]!!!

Was working with one of our four person team, and we were thinking about putting back part of a flatbed trailer section. Decided against it in the end as to get it into place would have required three of us scrambling over the front of the trailer on smooth steps. I didn’t want to get on the wrong side of the health and safety guy.
    Anyway, while being watched by my workmate, I one handed lifted up the section of trailer (one end still on the ground) to gauge its weight. I walked away thinking and saying “yeah that’s doable”. While I wasn’t watching the workmate tried to lift it, and told me later in broken English (he’s Polish), something on the lines of “I thought it was going to be easy, but no way!” Ha ha
    Also later I also lifted up part of a baler on my own, and he looked back at me in awe lol

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by God of Thunder View Post
    Was working with one of our four person team, and we were thinking about putting back part of a flatbed trailer section. Decided against it in the end as to get it into place would have required three of us scrambling over the front of the trailer on smooth steps. I didn’t want to get on the wrong side of the health and safety guy.
    Anyway, while being watched by my workmate, I one handed lifted up the section of trailer (one end still on the ground) to gauge its weight. I walked away thinking and saying “yeah that’s doable”. While I wasn’t watching the workmate tried to lift it, and told me later in broken English (he’s Polish), something on the lines of “I thought it was going to be easy, but no way!” Ha ha
    Also later I also lifted up part of a baler on my own, and he looked back at me in awe lol
    Awesom!!!!!!

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast