starting strength gym
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Elderly Thread of Awesome

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Wow, solid lift!!

OK Skid, you've got me motivated! I signed up for the Desert Destroyer USPA meet July 28! Fun thing is there's no state record for my age and weight class. If nobody else shows, I'll own the records! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Thannks Shug and Mr Ponytail!

Shug, you still posting here? Haven't seen your log updated for a while....Crap, what happened to Oldster?
    Not really, this place has lost most of it's luster. E&P is pretty much just 2 leftist trolls and the undisciplined fools that keep them satisfied.
    I might post PR's, but have no plans to share how they are achieved. I'm worried about Oldster, he hasn't even answered my emails.

Stay Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

Shug, you still posting here? Haven't seen your log updated for a while....Crap, what happened to Oldster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Not really, this place has lost most of it's luster. E&P is pretty much just 2 leftist trolls and the undisciplined fools that keep them satisfied.
    I might post PR's, but have no plans to share how they are achieved. I'm worried about Oldster, he hasn't even answered my emails.

Stay Strong!
    Also: The endless stream of clueless greenhorns that think they are qualified to go around posting training advice has become too nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Also: The endless stream of clueless greenhorns that think they are qualified to go around posting training advice has become too nauseating.
    Sadly, I'm actually starting to get used to how many early 20-somethings there are in the gym who pitch their training and contest prep services. Sigh...

Dave Tate was posting on Instagram recently asking about what the qualifications should be for trainers. Interesting discussions.

On a related note, I can read a couple books and take a test and be Westside Barbell certified. Does that dilute the brand?

@Skid - excellent work on bench press, and thanks for the video.
    I've been worried about Oldster, too.

I'm feeling "awesome" today because I finally got to 100 lbs in the squat! (5 months after starting out with just bodyweight. I had to take a couple weeks off in there, for knee pain and other stuff, so my progression has not been 15 lbs per week).

Just pulled a 200kg deadlift at 55yrs. Can’t seem to attach video. No belt, wraps or shoes, just chalk

Quote Originally Posted by God of Thunder View Post
    Just pulled a 200kg deadlift at 55yrs. Can’t seem to attach video. No belt, wraps or shoes, just chalk
    Quote Originally Posted by God of Thunder View Post
    That's awesome, congrats!

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you!

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast